Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. Last year our school received $70,245.00 from the School LAND Trust Program. The council reviews and prepares other academic plans for our students each year. All plans are reviewed for final approval by our school board. Councils also act in an advisory capacity to school and school district administrations.
If you are interested in being part of the School Community Council for this year, please email the School at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the office.
Community Council Meetings
September 19, 2019
November 21, 2019
February 20, 2020
April 23, 2020
2018-2019 Trust Land Funds
In the 2018-2019 school year we received $70.245.00. These funds were used in the following way:
- $30,763 – Five paraprofessionals to assist students and to give them the extra support to help them be successful in reading and writing.
- $5,852- take home library paraprofessional to implement the take-home book program.
- $3,556- Substitute teachers to give classroom teachers professional development opportunities.
- $8,192- Part time music teacher.
- $1,600- Stipends for before-school choir teachers.
- $1,816- Materials for monthly STEM activities.
- $500- Stipend for after school LEGO League teacher.
- $6,790- Two Chinese interns to help provide interventions.
- $2,940- Technology hardware
- $8,236- Carryover to 2019-2020