Welcome to Horizon Elementary!
"We'll Keep Getting Stronger"
It is the mission of the Horizon Elementary community to provide quality teaching in a nurturing environment. Our focus is to ensure that students develop confidence and competencies to prepare them to succeed from grade to grade and school to career.
- Provide a positive learning environment for all students.
- Provide high quality, engaging, and challenging instruction in a supportive environment.
- Provide opportunities for parents to volunteer and participate in their child’s class and to observe classroom activities.
- Provide information on individual student’s progress.
- Share responsibility with the student and parents in striving toward student achievement.
- Hold Student Educational Plan (SEP) meetings, in which the ideas of this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
- Provide our child with a healthy home environment.
- Support homework, discipline, and attendance policies.
- Visit our child’s school and participate in school events when we can.
- Communicate with our child’s school and teacher often.
- Encourage our child to learn at school, at home, and in the community.
- Complete my homework and ask for help when I need it.
- Give my parents or guardians all notices and information given to me by the school.
- Attend school on time when I am feeling well.